CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 6, 2010

Heart or Head!?

So tricky question. When trying to make a decision, do you listen to your heart or your head? I am at a point right now where I am beyond confusion. My heart is telling me one thing, and my head another. So which one do you follow? These two very contradicting concepts.

On many occasions, I have sought advice from family and friends. I have received both of these as answers at different times. People have said to me "Think things out, use your head, and everything will workout." Then at other times they say "follow your heart, it will tell you what you need to do." These pieces of advice came at different times, with different situations. So at the time it was easy for me to decide what to do. I would be logical and think things out, and they would seem to work out just fine, other times I would follow my heart, and once again things were good! Both of the concepts have proven effective in the past. But here is the kicker.... this time around I have no clue what to do! Some people have told me to "think it out," others to "follow my heart." SO what do you do when your heart and your head don't agree? When your heart is telling you one thing, and your head the complete opposite. Those concepts don't really apply. How do you know which one to follow? Which one outweighs the other. I wish it were as simple as rock, paper, scissors. Rock beats scissor, scissors beat paper, and paper beats rock. It's that simple, everyone knows the rules. So what are the rules of life, and love, and choices? Are there any? Does heart beat head, or does head beat heart? or do they work together? This situation would be so different if my heart and head agreed, if they were telling me the same thing. BUT that is the problem, I know exactly what my head is telling me, and exactly what my heart is telling me, and they are completely opposite!! I wish they could just agree, together they would make a great team, emotion and logic. But of course that would be the easy road.

So all you wise ones out there, help me out! What do I do? Do I follow my heart, or do I listen to my head? Do I let my feelings and emotions guide, or do I logically think things out, or how do I get them to agree, and find a balance between them both. Help me!!

2 comments:

Candace said...

Once again.. I love this post. I wish I knew which one we are supposed to follow... When I was deciding between single parenting and making an adoption plan, that was the hardest part. My heart and head were screaming different things!! I hope it works out girly

morgan said...

the heart will always lead you right. because even if it wasnt logical and sometimes it didnt make sense if you feel good in your heart then bottom line is... you feel good. in proverbs the lord said he looks on the heart so go with how the lord wants us to. hope that helps. god speaks to us through our hearts while satan plants ideas.