CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 23, 2010

Gratitude: Mornings!

For those of you that know me well, this post may surprise you a little bit, because you know how much I am NOT a fan of mornings! I am a total night owl, and would much rather stay up late than get up early. However since I am now in school I have to have an earlier schedule. As today got closer and closer, I was dreading waking up early, more and more. I did not like the idea of having to be out of bed by about 6 or 630 every morning. It still doesn't sound too fun to me, but today I realized that I have been missing out on soo much. Before today, most of the time I didn't have anywhere to be before 11 when I had to be to work. So most of the time I would get out of bed between 8:30 and 9:30, leaving me just enough time to get ready, and be to work on time. I never had time to get anything done before I went to work, and a lot of the time I wasn't in the best mood. And so it surprised me today, when I woke up (hours before I normally would) and realized how much I was missing out on. I saw the sunrise over the mountains for almost the first time since I graduated high school (two years ago), I ate breakfast (another rarity for me), and I was able to get my room clean, all before I went to work at noon. I know to some of you this may seem funny that I have such a hard time, and that this morning thing is new to me, and my mom is probably saying something like "I have been telling you this for years now!" haha but I can now say that I am thankful for mornings, for the happy, cheerful feeling there is in the air as everything begins to wake from sleep. I loved watching the sunrise this morning and seeing everything come to life, seeing kids leaving for their first day of school, and to be honest, just experiencing morning. I forgot how amazing it is to see the sunrise, to hear birds chirping, and to feel the crisp morning air. It is all very refreshing! I am very grateful that I was blessed with a positive experience on my first morning of my new schedule. It makes me more excited to see what else I have missed out on while I am sound asleep in my bed.

I know this may seem like something small, but to me it was one of the coolest things to experience. It opened my eyes to the beauty and glory of God's creations, and today I am grateful for mornings!

No comments: