CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Some days I need to take my own advice!

So today I had a very humbling day. I don't want to go into a ton of details, but let's just say I had a breakdown of sorts and was venting to a friend, feeling pretty down on myself and beating myself up. There was a point in our conversation when my friend says to me "Bri, what do you always tell me?" My mind was blank, I couldn't think (plus I didn't really want her to tell me I already knew the answer) so, she says you always tell me that everything will be okay in the end, if its not okay than it's not the end. After she said that, I remembered because this is one of my favorite quotes. I don't bring this up because I want to sound like I have all the answers , but instead to show that sometimes we just way over think things and totally over complicate something when its actually something we already know the answer to. Today was one of those days that started out great but quickly went down hill, and I began to question a lot of things I was doing. And the funny thing about it is that I talked to four different people about a couple of my challenges right now, and none of them told me things I didn't know, or things that I hadn't heard before. They all gave me advice that I actually give to people all the time. Sometimes we just need to listen to our hearts or our heads, whichever is speaking to us. Sometimes its our hearts, and other times its our heads. A lot of the times we already know the answers, but are just to preoccupied with our trials and challenges that we forget. I am thankful that I have an AMAZING friend to remind me of things that I need to hear. Tonight she knew exactly what I needed, when I didn't even know it myself. and for that I am extremely grateful!!

So, when struggling with something, just remember most of the time we make it harder than it needs to be and we often know what we need to do, but have just forgotten. It's okay to take our own advice. Because after all if it can help others it can surely help us!

2 comments:

Tyler said...

This is what i love about your blog. It's always so uplifting. Don't change. The world needs more people like you.

Brianna said...

Thanks TY!!! That totally just made my day!! You are the best!