CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 12, 2011

Becoming a New Me



Becoming a New Me

By Sister Brianna Brough (Aug. 13, 2011)

Every day I’m striving to be better than before

To take what I learn each day and infuse it in my core

To recognize my weakness and make it be my strength

And if I can do that, I will conquer at great length.

Each and every day I change a different part of me

So that I can become who I truly want to be

I look to my Savior as my friend, my help, my guide

Anything is possible with the Savior at my side.

So here I am in Tennessee, for a few months of my life

Tracting through rain and heat, enduring through pain and strife

Teaching of Christ’s gospel to people who’ve been prepared

Studying morning, noon and night for lessons to be shared.

Giving all my heart to the Lord holding nothing back

Asking Him with all my heart to give me what I lack

Piece by piece and day by day it’s easier to see

Exactly who I am today and all that I can be.

So much potential, so much growth, so much more to learn

Precept on precept, line upon line, based on what I earn

Always seeking knowledge, purity, love and light

Reading scriptures, talks and books, prophets teach us what is right.

Trusting in the Lord each day for strength to get me through

Praying daily for guidance to know just what to do

Answering the call to serve in Knoxville, Tennessee

Piece by piece and day by day becoming a new me!

No comments: