CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

One Day At a Time

No matter what your age, life can be overwhelming. Everyday we are faced with decisions. Some are simple decisions that we make every day, others can be life changing. And it is the life changing decisions that can be overwhelming. I think what makes them so overwhelming is that we can not predict the outcome. We have no way of telling how our life will be effected five or even ten years down the road. We can make guesses that may be pretty accurate, but ultimately we cannot tell how we will be effected until the decisions is made. I have always been one who over thinks everything. When I have a decision to make I think of every possible outcome, and then from there I try and think of how each will play out down the road, and for me, that is when it becomes overwhelming. But, I have found a solution that works for me. And that is to trust my gut instinct, and take it one day at a time. I have found in my twenty-one years of experience, that ninety-nine percent of the time my gut feeling is right. It's that natural human instinct (also known as the Holy Ghost) that leads us to do what is right. And then after you make your decision, stick to it, and take it one day at a time. Some of the decisions we make will be hard. They will try our strength and our will power. Sometimes it will be easier to just quit, but that is when we really have to dig deep and find our inner strength. That is when you take it one day at a time. Each day it will get easier, you find strength that you didn't have the day before. Plus, as you strive to do right you are blessed. Life is tough and it can be overwhelming. But, if you take it one day at a time you will find that it isn't too bad. It won't be more than you can handle. You will be able to make it through and find the courage it make it another day.

So, just remember take it one day at a time, and follow your gut :)

Oh, and P.S. if you want a good song that goes a long "One Step At A Time" by Jordin Sparks is your song.

No comments: