CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Good.. Better.. Best!

Good, better, best. Never let it rest, til your good is better and your better is best!

I learned this little phrase when I was in the second grade. It is one of those things that I have for whatever reason just always remembered. But this week it really hit home for me. I have had kind of a rough week and have been struggling with things in my life concerning the good things I have and the better things that can ultimately lead to the best things in life. I realized that no matter how good something might be, if it is just good, it is not good enough, we need to be actively pursuing the BEST things in life. This life has so much to offer, and if we settle just for the good, then we aren't living life to it's fullest potential. With some of the things I have been struggling with, it was a debate on whether or not to pursue something in my life. This thing I have been thinking about pursuing is a good thing, it's not a bad thing by any means, BUT it's not the best thing. There are other things that I can and should be chasing after if I want to accomplish my goals. Today I heard quote that I really liked, and that is so true. It went something like this... The enemy of the best, is the good. or something to that effect. Basically saying that good will stop us from becoming better which stops us from becoming the best we can be. We ALL deserve the best in life, and we can have it if we really truly put our full energy into it. Life has so much to offer and we can truly accomplish it all.

One of my most favorite quotes is by Miss Marilyn Monroe...

"I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can
learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right,
you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself,
and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together."

I love this quote, because it sums up life pretty well. But my favorite part of it all is the last line. "sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together." Just because something in our life is good, doesn't mean it is the best. And just because something good falls apart, doesn't mean that there isn't other things out there. Life is so good and we truly can have the best if we really want it. It is all about setting our goals and never settling for less than we deserve! May we all pursue the BEST things life has to offer!

Good, better, best. Never let it rest, til your good is better and you better is best!


2 comments:

Tyler said...

this is my favorite post

Courtney Hamilton said...

Brianna you are such an inspiration to me! I look up to you so much and I hope you know that!
(: