CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Not For Me .. But Thank You!

So, yesterday I was reflecting with a friend about guys that I have dated. The good, the bad ... the ugly. The way they treated me, the way our relationships ended, and the relationships that never actually happened. We decided that I should write a book because I have had quite the luck with guys... or not!I have had a lot of fun dating experiences good, bad, and embarrassing. I have had so many good times, but I have had too many painful experiences as well. But as I was talking with her and reliving the memories of the past I realized that as crazy and full of drama my dating life has been as of late, I don't regret any of it. Because each and every guy I have dated has taught me something. I have learned exactly what I want in a guy even if it was learning everything I don't want. It reminded me of the song "Not For Me" by Marshall Crenshaw.

Yeah I know what happened last time
And someday you'll wake up to find that
You've be waiting around
for something You'll never see

I don't have to wonder I know definitely
That it's just not for me

So I know what not to do
Cause I learned it from you yeah
Now I feel sorry for you
And I hope that someday I can thank you


So, to all the guys that I have ever dated... the good and bad...THANK YOU! I say thank you for everything you taught me. Even though I can now say that you were not for me, you have made me a girl who is smarter and stronger than before. You have helped me so that maybe the next time around I will get it right. I am a girl who has laughed, cried, and loved, who has been broken, played and lied to, but ALL of these things made me STRONGER! Even if I did have to learn things the hard way. :)

1 comment:

Candace said...

Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog.. I love this a lot! I can totally relate to it, especially the last two years :S I have never heard that song but I LOVE it!
Thanks for sharing..